Sunday, July 5, 2009

Be a part of something

Yesterday my friend (and Anytime Fitness member) Michael and I did the 10k run at White Rock Lake. What a way to celebrate, right? :-) We saw 5 other Anytime members out there, too - very cool! This wasn't a big charity event; in fact, it was the opposite - just a run for the fun of it, for fitness, and to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. I can't tell you how motivational it was to be surrounded by hundreds of other people who enjoy that. Anyway, every person there had his or her own personal goal, whether it was just to finish, to beat a certain time, or to simply have fun. I can tell you I sure pushed myself harder than I would've alone and I had 100 times more fun doing it, too! I really encourage you to participate in an organized event that gets you around other people trying to do something good for themselves. It could be a 1 mile fun run, a 5k, a bike ride, whatever - just get out there and try. For ideas, go to www.dallasrunningclub.com, www.runontexas.com, or pick up a copy of the Competitor, a free publication at stores around town. You may just love being part of something bigger than yourself!

No comments: