Saturday, June 13, 2009

Get Your ZZZZZZs

Let me get just one more thing done before the day is over. . .maybe I should stay up and pay some bills or do some paperwork while I have the chance, throw in a load of laundry while I'm at it. . .or I could watch that show I recorded last week. . .Do these thoughts enter your head each evening? And the next thing you know it's 11:30 p.m. and the alarm is set for 6 a.m.? Not only does a lack of sleep blow your concentration, energy, and mood the next day, it could also be contributing to weight gain. People who sleep 7+ hours per night are less likely to gain weight. One study that was quoted in Women's Health revealed that people who got only 6 hours of sleep per night were 12% more likely to gain substantial weight while people who got only 5 hours were 32% more likely (30 lbs in 16 years!). Sleep is that awesome time for your body (and mind) to recover. Don't neglect its importance. Do yourself a huge favor and go to bed a little earlier tonight. Aim for 7 hours and you'll be doing great! Good night. :-)

No comments: